How to set up a supply chain for pharmaceutical products from China
With the increasing demand for COVID-19 prevention materials and medicines, multimodal transportation between China and Europe plays an important role. This is especially true for the so-called cold chain logistics solutions, which are required to transport pharmaceutical products along these long distances. In the Netherlands, cold chain logistics for the pharmaceutical industry is in full swing. On 29 April, RailFreight.com readers can follow a webinar on the topic of Sino-Dutch Pharmaceutical Logistics Cooperation, free of charge.
The webinar is held by the Consulate-General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Chongqing (China), Holland International Distribution Council, Urban Logistics Branch of China Communications and Transportation Association and China Logistics Time Magazine. Railfreight.com as the media sponsor of the event will stream a live broadcast of the webinar.
The following questions will be answered:
- How to establish a reliable, efficient and simple logistics supply chain for pharmaceutical products between China and the EU?
- What is the current development in the pharmaceutical supply chain and what are the challenges and bottlenecks?
- What do successful case studies look like when it comes to technical solutions of pharmaceutical logistics?
- What are the legal policies and regulations of the EU pharmaceutical supply chain?
- What value-added activities has the EU carried out in the field of pharmaceutical logistics?
- How does the COVID-19 pandemic affect the current pharmaceutical supply chain and how to overcome the challenges?
- What will international pharmaceutical logistics look like in the near future?
- Bart Pauwels, Counsellor for Infrastructure, Water Management and Environment at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Beijing
- Jasper Eggebeen, Senior Manager Supply Chain Solutions, HIDC
- Drs. J.E. Vaessen, Managing Director, Baggerman Pharma Consult
- Eric Willems, Business Development Director, Movianto
- Enrica Calonghi, Director Pharmaceutical Logistics, KLM
- Oscar Vermeij, Managing Director, NEW SILK WAY logistics Netherlands
Date and Time
The webinar takes place on Wednesday 29 April at 09.00 – 12.00 CET. You can watch the webinar from your own device (laptop, tablet, phone) by registering for the event here. The webinar is free to attend.